Sign in to follow this  
bekker

What is this?

Ok so this is going to be one of those things that everybody except me knows! But I've searched the net and I really can't find any reference to it.

It's the thing in the middle of the pic on the back of the manifold, some kinda vacuum duhicky I suspect?

I actually need to know what the little yellow tube (presumably some kind of vacuum tube) does. It was basically disconnected and the original small braided piece of hose connecting it to the thing on the intake manifold was heavily cracked.

Again, I can't find any reference to it.

I've replaced the braided hose with a piece of tube but I'l replace this with something more appropriate if advised.

Sorry to go on, all help appreciated.

Cheers.

post-851-1237950555_thumb.jpg

post-851-1237950588_thumb.jpg

the yellow tube goes to a temp sensor in the cabin above your foot . to measure inside air temp for teh heater/climate control .

uses vaccuum from the engine to suck air past a light temp probe . to give a resistance reading to the climate control.

hope this helps.

Ok so since reconnecting it it's only driving better in my head!

Ok so since reconnecting it it's only driving better in my head!

needs to be conected other wise you wil have a vaccuuum leak which will cause you engine to run lean at low rpm .

also its needs to have a little restrictor in the tube to slow the airflow down past the sensor

That all makes sense now! Thank you once again.

There was a small piece of metal inside the braided hose. At first I thought it had broken off, then I realised the holes at either end are different sizes. I'll clean it and put it back in.

Now the tube I have cable tied in the pictures is just windscreen washer tube and I didn't intend it to be perminant but what type of hose should I put in there?

And the car does run better. A bit smoother and more responsive and since it's an "e" it's all low RPM!

Cheers again.