Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

eoi - Replica CSL front bumper (for M3 and E46 Coupe) Fits both

Okay ... I imported this bumper privately a couple of months back - was intending on using it as a track only use bumper (one that I can chuck on for the track days without worrying about damaging the $10K genuine item - yes that's how much they cost brand new from BMW !! :o ) But I've decided on a different route ... something with brake ducting instead ... and I can't bear to cut this one up ...

Any how ... this bumper set me back $1500 to import including shipping, GST, Tariff, customs fees and customs agent fees ect ... (tax, GST and customs ect was a good $430) and exchange rate was sh*t house back then ...

IT IS BRAND NEW NEVER MOUNTED!!!! I took it out of the box obviously to inspect ect ..

This is one of the better fitment ones out there (almost perfect fitment - as you can see from the photos below) - yes I researched this thoroughly before buying.

It's made of ABS plastic with carbon flippers. Ready for paint.

Now it's not a 100% CSL replica bumper (I'll tell the person buying it what exactly aren't the same .. can't be bothered typing it out here) .. but close enough that the lay person won't be able to tell the difference. In my opinion it's pretty well made.

Want to get as much money back as possible obviously ... so looking at offers at the moment.

NB ... it fits the E46 M3 the best (almost perfect according to the yanks that own this bumper) ... on normal E46 Coupes the sides will bulge out a little bit .. but not too bad.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So no chance of it fitting a sedan?

(sorry had to ask)

Good question ... I am not entirely sure to be honest :P ... Perhaps Hybrid can help out with this one seeing that he has a genuine E46 M3 front bumper on his sedan ... so there must be a way to get this to fit?? But perhaps with quite a bit of work?

Good idea, i'll pm him, been looking at importing one of these for the last month or so

Looks like a good piece of kit mate, don't think it'll fit on my M3 somehow..

I've linked this thread to hybrid (Josh) so hopefully he'll chime in and be able to help.

I've linked this thread to hybrid (Josh) so hopefully he'll chime in and be able to help.

Cheers mate

Loving your new sig, its hottt

Chimed in :)

It will work with a bit of work .. Heating and bending the edges to fit takes some skill to make it look ok but it can be done .. Or weld the gaurds with m3 ones :)

What I did several years ago for some of the newer e46 members.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Result ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

M-tech2 coupe rear bumper (no moldings)

Posted Image

Good pic of the front work completed

Posted Image

OEM M3 sides / new forged wheel and coil over + sway bar setup

Posted Image

Hybrid ... perhaps time for you to upgrade to that CSL front end look ;):D

cheers for the photos though ... looks like a great job. Which body shop did you use?