Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

bmw car phone for a 8 series

Hi there,

I have a E31 8 series and was hoping someone maybe able to help me with a problem. The car originally had a BMW GSM car phone. However, that got discarded by the previous owner. I have now managed to track down a phone, but I need a cradle specific to a 8 series (it sits right behind the gear shift).

The cradle that fits the E39 and E38 had leather armrests that fit on either side of the phone cradle (different to the E31).

I know this is a wild-card as I doubt many arrived in E31's in this country. Any help would be welcomed.

have you tried the dealer?.Ebay or similar(esp german) may be your only other choice.

have you tried the dealer?.Ebay or similar(esp german) may be your only other choice.

Hey there,

Thanks for that. Actually I did, and apparently the part is not available ( I asked my mate Ross Lamb who runs Botany BM Workshop in Auckland and he said BMW NZ cannot get the part).

I will try Ebay Germany though. Thanks.

I would try 8er.org which is the largest online community for them. Someone there will hopefully have one from a UK car for you.