Sign in to follow this  
krandom81

93 E36?

umm i start the car up.. when its in park, leave running, so thats fine, but when i drive it around a corner engine dies.. and all i have is brakes and a little bit of steering.. my mate reckons its the battery but when the engine dies the lights and dash light up.. so any ideas what this could be... please help??

Mate, i'm not a mechanic but I highly doubt it would be the battery if the engine die's when driving around a corner!

Mate, i'm not a mechanic but I highly doubt it would be the battery if the engine die's when driving around a corner!

yep i didnt think so.. could it be maybe the airflow sensor?

I had a 318i E36 with the same issue, Turned out to be a clogged fuel filter and a partially buggered fuel pump, Try replacing the fuel filter (Cheap and won't hurt) and see if it helps.

I would suggest taking Glenn's advice " get it scanned first and go from there "

If you can't do that, get someone from this forum [ not me ] to come 'round and check the "rotor and dizzy cap"

seriously though! if the battery failed, none of the lights would glow on the dash.

E36's can have fuel pump problems [ as well as a host of others ]