Sign in to follow this  
silly76

partspartsparts!

Having priced up parts here in Auckland it seems that there are substantial price differences if ordering from overseas.Granted some of these appear to be aftermarket but still the price difference is huge.

I'm looking at Pelican parts in the states for say an oil cooler, Here best I can do is about $700 bucks plus the rest of the bits you need,whereas I can get one shipped in 12 days for half that cost including shipping.

The site seems good but am aware that its for US spec cars. Any comment?What do others do to get new bits?

thanks

Ive spend a few grand thru Pelican Parts when the dollar was good, very fast service and good prices. If you use RealOEM for the part number of what you're after you can't go wrong.

Yeah. Id imagine something like an oil cooler they would have to order it from BMW

Not that I know of

anyway its still cheaper than what we pay here

would like to know if there are other good sites that people have used

And if you get stung by customs, do you also pay the extra GST over here?

Yes you do, and also a whole lot of customs and clearance charges if you get caught. :rolleyes:

You won't always, but watch out if you do.

Yes you do, and also a whole lot of customs and clearance charges if you get caught. :rolleyes:

You won't always, but watch out if you do.

Ive never heard or had any customs and clearance charges. Ive had to pay a bit of GST on stuff over about $500 but still save heaps on most bits even with all the shipping and tax charges.