Sign in to follow this  
eyezy

Bent Rim

Hit a pot hole in Whitford (hard !) and bent the left front rim on the in side. Its a 17 inch M Tech rim on a 2000 E 46 328. Is something like this repairable or is it a throw away and try to find a replacement. If it can be repaired can some one recommend by whom ? :(

arrow wheels,kelston

pricey but very good work

Get your insurance to fix or replace it. Manukau City Council may also have coverage for this if it was not in a construction zone - they have responsibility to keep the roads maintained and free from holes etc. Worth a question if nothing else.

A colleague did this in his S3 and rooted 2x rims + tyres, a bumper, and some paintwork...

I tried to fight the Council with no result. But that was me against them as I didn't want to claim on my insurance as at the time my excess was very high and I was trying to build up a no claims record. You should have better luck with the insurance co on your side.

That aside, you could also try Brugar Engineering, Barry's Point Rd, Takapuna. They have experience in straightening and refurbishing wheels.

That aside, you could also try Brugar Engineering, Barry's Point Rd, Takapuna. They have experience in straightening and refurbishing wheels.

I've had good experience with Brugar, reasonably priced and fast turn around. I sent my BBS RS's there to be machined. :)

I've had good experience with Brugar, reasonably priced and fast turn around. I sent my BBS RS's there to be machined. :)

Ditto - I had a pretty bad dent in my last set of 17's. Brugar sorted it out with no fuss. Prices were reasonable too.