Sign in to follow this  
liuquan

E46 oil service interval

Hi, I did my oil serviced last time at Page Europeans in wellington. The service light was reset for another 25000km, but the label sticker they put on was only for 10000km, i called them up and they said I could do either one. I am wondering what kind of interval do u guys service your car?

I think they used Castrol Semi synthetic oil for my car which is bmw recommended.

I dont like the semi logic built in service intervals... I would suggest every 15,000km or every year

Does the onboard computer actually test the quality of the oil to show the remaining kms before the next service? or does it just work based on the 25000km interval?

Does the onboard computer actually test the quality of the oil to show the remaining kms before the next service? or does it just work based on the 25000km interval?

It dirives service intervals by driving style and distance traveled in any one period. Basicly semi a logic system. Later model cars also test oil quality