Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Not having much luck

I think the Beamer is going through its teenage years and has decided to hate me.

So i get into my car try put the head lights on...what the why are they orange? so i get out and check...so my head lights arent going at all and both my indicators are lit up dimly *i dont know if thats a word or not ahah* , not flashing just constantly on dimly. <_<

My check screen then writes out * low beam headlights faulty* what should i be checking? Luke did suggest the relay? i shall check that tomorrow...but any ideas guys? need to get this fixed before six at night tomorrow so i can go to hams :P

Sounds like an earthing fault Livi... do the high beam headlights and park lights work ?? or have you got no headlights at all ?

park lights work but not when you put your headlights fully on on the dial....not sure about high beam though ill have to check that on my lunch break. my indicators dont work when i put my headlights on as the indicators stay on constantly.

:(

park lights work but not when you put your headlights fully on on the dial....not sure about high beam though ill have to check that on my lunch break. my indicators dont work when i put my headlights on as the indicators stay on constantly.

:(

Its an earthing problem

Any DIY ways of fixing it? ^_^

Any DIY ways of fixing it? ^_^

Have you got, and can you use a test light & multimeter ??

Yessss I believe i should have that in my garage somewhere ^_^

Yessss I believe i should have that in my garage somewhere ^_^

The question is....do you know how to use them to go about fixing your car ?

Big thanks to Glen for taking time out to have a chat to me today :P shall go home and try sort it out after work!! lets hope i can do it :P^_^

woooooop its fixed :P fixed it in time to head to hams to!! thanks Glen you are a legend!! it was the earthing that was playing up! :D

wonnderrrwommaaannn :P though i must admit it did take me half an hour to figure out where the problemo was happening :lol: