Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

Targa Tour

anyone got any info on the Targa Tour???My take is you follow (or lead) the targa itself around the ountry.Are the roads closed,do you have to observe speed limits?I presume there is an entry fee.......do you arrange your own acccomodation....et etc

Baiscally yeah it is uncompetitive (i.e. no roll cages etc) and you follow the Targa proper.

The roads are closed but you have to obey the speed limit. You follow a Police car who sets the speed. I am also pretty sure that there is no overtaking...but they put the slower cars at the rear.

I think the idea of it is for people who are thinking of doing the Targa proper, but want to get a taste of it first.

It is outlined in more detail on www.targa.co.nz.

As far as accommodation etc is concerned I'm not sure.

Cheers

Go to www.targa.co.nz and search for tour. The cost is at least $1500 + GST, own accommodation. You'll get more informartion in the site.

The Speed limit is not that of the road signs. Max speed is 200km/H said by Mr Dalton.

Edited by E30stz

Guest Andrew

The Speed limit is not that of the road signs. Max speed is 200km/H said by Mr Dalton.

Thats not for the targa tour.. and its not a max speed limit either.

Thats not for the targa tour.. and its not a max speed limit either.

Because you don't have a roll cage or proper seats (and restraints) the normal road speed limits apply in the Targa Tour.

E30stz, I think you have the Targa Tour mixed up with the Targa Proper.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

And at any rate, the real tour has a max average speed of 135kph, otherwise penalties ensue.