Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Washer fluid light stays on - E30

When I bought the E30 the windshield cleaning system didn't work. Finally got around to working on it today.... traced the problem to a blocked T-junction. Popped down to Bunning's and bought a new one as well as a new length of hose as the old stuff was looking rather ratty. Long story short, it all works now except the washer fluid warning lamp on the overhead check control won't turn off.

Checking it out further I see that someone's had a go at being Mr Backyard Auto Electrician and wired up a mess of electrical tape and household wiring connectors to the float sensor in the fluid tank. I must admit, it worked until I disconnected it but I just need to see what wires go where and which plug I need to get from BMW.

Here's a diagram, the bodged up bit is the connector that goes into part 4 (the float sensor) Can anyone post a pic of how it looks in their car for me? Cheers!

post-2031-1240713326_thumb.png

Mark,

Took a couple of photos just now..

In the first photo the top is forward - and the second photo shows Item 4 you were mentioning - close up.

Hope this helps

Alan

post-2883-1240715545_thumb.jpg

post-2883-1240715590_thumb.jpg

That solves it. On my car purple/blue wire is hanging loose.

Thank you Alan... really appreciate it.