Sign in to follow this  
volcanoblack

TRW Discs

Are TRW discs any good? Looking at a set on trademe - are these considered OEM?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=216000623

I am happy to buy from the dealer - if there is a difference in quality - but OEM is OEM yes? Seems that most thread poster suggest either OEM or the real BMW discs - are these the same thing?

Thanks for clarifying.

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. Usually OEM is only available from the dealer, in this case would be BMW. Some manufacturers are OEM suppliers for other makes of vehicles, so they are OEM, just maybe not for your make.

From personal experience, the TRW's are a good disc, but I'd never go away from OEM unless you can't get them. We've tried many different brands of disc of our rally cars and the ones that last the best are genuine. The longevity versus price difference is worth OEM

I'm using Brembo slotted discs & OEM disc pads with pleasant results. The Brembo disc rotors were only $30 dearer than OEM. Brake & Trans sell the Brembos

I used TRW discs on my car and they have been fine ( cheap fluid has been my only problem ), I have recently found Chch BMW prices to be very reasonable and next time i would probably use a genuine part if i did not upgrade to something more "effective" like Glen has mentioned.