Sign in to follow this  
aliluya

Compact VS 330Ci Brakes

Hey does anyone know what parts i need from a 330Ci for the disc brakes in order for me to install it in my car?

And whether there is any difference between the two, appartly the 330Ci has bigger brakes. Are they easily to be swapped ?

Any point doing this conversion? Costs associated ?

Thanks

330's have 325x25mm discs & the calipers take the same pads as the E46 M3.

You will need the discs ($125ea from BMW) and calipers (no one has any unless you know some thing??).

You also need 17" wheels.

I believe the 330 has a bigger MC so the pedal may feel a bit spongy in the compact.

All bolts on though.

I'm talking about getting the whole brake system off my brother, casue he's looking at changing to some big brake sh*t next year ....

So if i just took the 4 discs and 4 calipers + pads then thats all i need ??

And yeah i have got 17'' mags ..

Spongy that good or bad ? MC ?

You see i don't actually know too much about the mechanical side of things .. and i'm slowly learning here ..

I'm talking about getting the whole brake system off my brother, casue he's looking at changing to some big brake sh*t next year ....

So if i just took the 4 discs and 4 calipers + pads then thats all i need ??

And yeah i have got 17'' mags ..

Spongy that good or bad ? MC ?

You see i don't actually know too much about the mechanical side of things .. and i'm slowly learning here ..

IMHO, if your brake pedal is spongy when the brakes and fluid are cool and the pads fresh, then that ain't too good I would imagine...what's going to happen when you race that puppy around a bit and the fluid and brakes get all hot? The travel and feel of the brake pedal is going to be interesting...your travel will only deteriate over time aswell...it'll be like pumping an airbed up with a bellows...

So it's a bad thing to get my brothers 330Ci brakes then ??

What about the 330Ci suspension ? are they any different to mine ?

both are sports lowered suspension from factory ...

Hey woah, I can't comment on whether they'll work or not or if these things will fit as I don't know, all I know is spongy brakes aren't very desireable :blink:

Guest Spargo

Get them if they're bigger, sure.

If he goes BBK, he'll prob go for a bigger MC, so snag that as well.

Do you really NEED bigger brakes though? Can you live with the increase in unsprung weight?

spongy isnt that accurate....its just the old MC has more fluid to push so has more pedal travel, same as my big brakes. the brakes still work just as well, just not till furthur down the pedal

You got it Gus, I didn't want to get too technical :)

I'm sure if you got them, and decided not to use them you wouldn't have any trouble selling them to one of the E36 guys.

I don't think the rears will fit though, only the fronts.

Can you live with the increase in unsprung weight?

Meaning ?

No i don't NEED it .. i was offered it .. and was wondering how good that would be and how costly plus efficient it would be .. my current one is good enough already ..

Guest Andrew

I'd take the parts and wait till your out of warranty perhaps? But better brakes is always better.

u would only really want to do the front anyway(brakes) ...suspension waste of time!

Ur bros car sounds like its going to be a beast, has he got the new Supercharger yet !!! PICS??

LOL ... he hasn't got the charger yet .. i have no idea when he upgrading it ... but he's trying to force me to put his current one onto my car ..!!

As soon as i say yes he's getting all the parts ready, and all instructions ready so it can be easily installed in my car .. but my only worry is the manufacturer warranty... he just tells me to forget about it .. !

And then there is my parents .. ugh ... :thumbsdown: