Sign in to follow this  
OSiRiS

E46 D2 coilover suspension

Anyone had any experiences with this setup?

Glenn pointed out that my shocks are leaking, have found a good condition set of D2 adjustable coilover suspension for a good price, I know I have to get it certed etc. etc.

Guest FrantiC

They're good, have a few mates with them in other cars. Get what you pay for though..

They're good, have a few mates with them in other cars. Get what you pay for though..

I've always used TEIN in my turbo Mitsubishis, just haven't come across anything else for the E46 <_<

Anyone had any experiences with this setup?

Glenn pointed out that my shocks are leaking, have found a good condition set of D2 adjustable coilover suspension for a good price, I know I have to get it certed etc. etc.

Be very very careful when lowering your coupe. If you lower the E46 too much you can end up ripping the whole rear subframe from the car. I have seen it happen on 2 different cars. The importer has stopped importing D2 as there were too many problems with them. One of the major ones was that the locking rings kept loosening so they kept winding themselves down to their lowest point. This caused the shocks to bottom out and start leaking.

Personally I would follow the link that Jordy suggested above and have a look at that. A good set of shocks and lowered springs will be far far better than the D2's and probably around the same price when you take into consideration the certing required of the adjustables.

just my 2c