Sign in to follow this  
nutter

E34 Performance parts

Hey there

I was looking at putting my e34 on the track,well at least take it to track days,But the car at the moment is a standard E34 525i Manual M50B25 1991 and it has a bit to much body roll.ive ended up stripping the body down so it could get the roll cage put in and to loose some weight,Now i was just asking if any one could help me find some Proformence/Track worthy Parts for it. i have a list of part i want to upgrade before i start track days just below

I first would like to sort out the handleing and body roll first then brakes then i dont know if i want more power.

I have $4000 at the moment to spend on it i know its not lots but I LOVE E34's BEST LOOKING CAR BMW MADE one of them atleast

1.Suspention/Springs

2.nolethane Bushings

3.Brakes(What should i use,are v8 ones Suitable for track work?)

4.Clutch Kit

5.Cold Air intake

6.What ever will make my car faster

Thanks i kNow i ask a lot of stupid questions but aye thats how i learn and yes ive decided to re reg the e34 540i and use it as my nice car lol

Edited by *Glenn*

I dont think anyt of those mods will affect the proformence of your car.

Edited by bmw3

Shocks: Would probably look at Bilsteins first, Koni's second. Adjustable is good but might be overkill for the price you pay.

Hawk HP+ brakepads (road/race) or if you want to go the full haul get Ferodo DS3000 - standard brake discs should be fine, always pays to have them skimmed. Braided brake lines, either custom made or a brand like goodridge.

Tyres wise: Toyo R888 or RA1's

Upgrade zaust? intake.. then get it on Gavins Dyno @ Hivelocity.

Edited by bmw3

1.Suspention/Springs

2.nolethane Bushings

3.Brakes(What should i use,are v8 ones Suitable for track work?)

4.Clutch Kit

5.Cold Air intake

6.What ever will make my car faster

hi,

yes v8 ones work,and work well. 840/850 on the front work even better.if you can find them.

6.What ever will make my car faster......

drop in a 3.5 with hot cam/extactors and a high ratio diff, works a treat

m

try this one $3k for 540i thats alot of track proformance.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....c=22668&hl=

or maybe sell and buy a cheap e34 535i manual have seen a few latly sell for around that sort of money ...

shocks and springs first . but do all the bushes if the old ones are stuffed .

i use teh v8 brakes on my car on the track , lap after lap no probs

i think the e 32 have bigger brakes just because they are heavier

http://www.bmwe34.net/Wiki/tiki-index.php?...=Brake+upgrades

all e32 730i 735i 750i and e34 540i have the same front brakes

e32 use the same rear calipers as the e34 540i , but e32 have different discs to the e34 540i .

also do stainless steel braiding brake lines for a nice tight brake pedal feel.

I dont think anyt of those mods will affect the proformence of your car.

Well at this moment i dont need more power just more stabilaty as this car is very back happy(im not compaining ) and it likes to lean(which i hate) and its got a bit of power as im only Little Boy race and a starter on the track work.

Thanks for all the tips yeah My bushings are pretty stuffed at the moment well control arms are have never been changed lol. i have found a place in albany to that do Proflex bushings as well (www.dynamicraceparts.com 094151070 ),

Last night after a little race with a silvia my e34 started to make a thumping noise on my body,ive striped her down and its the rubber dohnut where the drive shaft and gear box bolt to is stuffed and the Centre hanger bearing is stuffed to,do you guys know where to pick up these parts? and if so do you know if there was any better quality ones that i should get instead of stock ones

and i dont really want to ripp my v8 apart does any one have a set of calipors and discs off a e34 v8 well atleast the front for now?

Thanks Nutter

Hey. That's the place I got my powerflex bushings from. Very good to deal with and would definitely go through them again.

and i dont really want to ripp my v8 apart does any one have a set of calipors and discs off a e34 v8 well atleast the front for now?

Brenthartge535 (brent) and BMW weapon aka topkat (Marty) for used (there are others but I cant remember them lol), Hell BM for new; either way you may need the brake cylinders too... Edited by Sick Puppy

Brenthartge535 (brent) and BMW weapon aka topkat (Marty) for used (there are others but I cant remember them lol), Hell BM for new; either way you may need the brake cylinders too...

thanks for the tip