Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

p/fl E30 rear seatbelt install

Hi, trying to tick another thing off the to do list, have some seat belts from the wreckers ... just questioning exactly how the rear belt - specifically where is the holder mounted? in the boot im pretty sure ... but how does it all flow properly through to the cabin? could anyone please help me out?

Thanks

Josh

Will have another google now but haven't found it much help ... :)

Just went out to my car and had a look for ya. The winder bit seems to not be in the boot, more like under the parcel tray and above the metal that makes up the boot. Looks like you can pry out the plastic slot which the belt comes through into the cabin to get at it.

Thanks for looking mate.

I thought that was the case, but there is no bolt holes for the belts on or around the parcel tray, I have what looks like a mounting boot under the tray, in the boot, but it won't fit on although the bolts fit.

Fully confused, might have to go back to the wreckers on Monday and have a look.

Might have to pull the parcel tray out.. It's gotta be somewhere! hahaha

Yeah I have ... I'm thinking the belt holder types (where they roll out of) must be different in some years?

Looks like the mount in the boot under the tray.

When i removed mine it was definitely attached to the parcel try, not in the boot itself, although i am unsure as to where it was attched to the panel under the parcel tray..

Euro assembled Pre F/L cars have the belts mounted inside the boot vertically on each side - behind side trims.

In S/African assembled pre F/L cars they are mounted inside the car under the rear parcel tray trim & on top of tray itself - same as all the F/L cars.