Sign in to follow this  
javlin

My 535i

post-4361-1242450786_thumb.jpg

Hi all

I have had my 1989 535i for about 4 years. I bought it off Greg Murphy's uncle. We (my husband Ian) and I are into old cars in a big way. We have far more than the three listed when I signed up. The Beamer is our modern. We love it. The pic shows it dragging home the materials we used for building a shed here. The main reason for my joining this site is that we need to replace the engine so I'll be asking quetions in the tecnical forums.

Cheers

Sarah

Hello and welcome to bimmersport, you cant beat an e34 and there is plenty of people on the forum to give you good advice on your engine

welcome...looks like a real work horse with that pic! :)

Yeah, well, in the intro for new members it said you must supply a pic. This was the first one I could find. I have got another of it covered in snow... ;) We've dragged home quite a lot of projects on that trailer.

(Isis - your user name is the model name for some Morrises any connection? :)

Edited by 1930 Dodge

Hello and welcome to bimmersport, you cant beat an e34 and there is plenty of people on the forum to give you good advice on your engine

Thanks for the welcome. Wonderful car. (But you knew that already). The water pump went with the resultant blowing of radiator hoses and headgasket. It sounds like it has dragged a piston so we have just purchased an identical engine to do a swap. We've worked on lots of vintage to 60s cars but nothing this modern before so I'm hoping to get a few tips from those who have done the job already. Cheers.

Hi and welcome to bimmersport.

Nice cars you got (including the e34 at the top of the list of course!).

Hi and welcome to bimmersport.

Nice cars you got (including the e34 at the top of the list of course!).

Thanks for the welcome :)