Sign in to follow this  
BenEvans

E30 Wheel Advice

Hey all.

Before anyone says anything, yes i have looked thru the forum and cant find exactly what i need.

I have an 1990 Bmw 320 coupe lowered on H&Rs (so not that low)

i am after a set of wheels preferably 17s but would settle for the rite kind on 16s

what i need to know is:

what is the max width of wheel anyone has fitted without modification to arch, and what is the offset required?

also if anyone here has some nice looking 16s or 17s that fit an e30 i would be keen to check them out.

Cheers

Ben

E30's are 4x100. They are about ET20 +/-.

Offset somewhat depends on the width, anything wider than 8 on the front and 8 1/2 on the rear is just overkill for a standard e30 and would require some guard work.

Experts can chime in and correct me if necessary. Hope that helps.

There are sh*t all nice wheels for e30 fitment out there.

Im running 16x9s on the front and rear with 225/45/16s. Offset on the front is et10 and the rear is et7 thats about the maximum you can run without major guard work.

Your car is a face lift so its rear arches are lower, you do have as much room to move as the early cars do.

17" E30 Alpina Reps on their way... ETA 1 month!!

Hot!!

Im running 16x9s on the front and rear with 225/45/16s. Offset on the front is et10 and the rear is et7 thats about the maximum you can run without major guard work.

Your car is a face lift so its rear arches are lower, you do have as much room to move as the early cars do.

Any idea how much camber you're running? It's another 28mm than my et13 7" with 2.5deg neg camber, just wondering if there's any rubbing under compression?

17" E30 Alpina Reps on their way... ETA 1 month!!

how many left for sale? and whats the price?

cheers

Any idea how much camber you're running? It's another 28mm than my et13 7" with 2.5deg neg camber, just wondering if there's any rubbing under compression?

ALLOT of camber lol. God no's how much to be honest, im going to get it all dialed in by one of the race shops in town. Id say its around 2.5deg in the front and 3.5 in the rear. The tires JUST touch the rear rolled guards but do not make a noise and don't cut the tire under heavy acceleration or cornering.

The front, im not sure yet as ive not driven it with this setup, the front wheel is just out of the rolled guard (3mm ish) but the tires are stretched so it comes under. My final offset will hopefully be et12 in the front onces ive had it on the road and let the car settle so i can see the strut clearance

Cheers

post-204-1242712780_thumb.jpg

my mate will be selling a set of hartge replicas , in 16"size with tyres

my mate will be selling a set of hartge replicas , in 16"size with tyres

Are those the wheels that sold on Trademe last Sunday?

how many left for sale? and whats the price?

cheers

Hi

still have to confirm the exact number but there should be a couple of sets still left. Price will be around the $850 mark I think dor a set of 4

cheers