Sign in to follow this  
pjay

Jerry Clayton on the Shore

Must say that $19.95 WOF and wash is a good deal would of taken any of my cars there if they were due and I lived in Auckland. $20 warrants just don't exist anymore.

Team McMillan fail.

Jerry Clayton own.

At least to do with their parts department. I went in to TM asking about the remote key, what was the deal in getting another one. Its a seperate remote. The guy insisted it wasn't a genuine alarm installed in the car. I knew it was.

Took it into Jerry Clayton last weekend. Sue is the man full stop. She said in her 8 years in the Parts Department she had never seen a geuine BMW alarm with a seperate remote. But I insisted it was genuine, (As I knew) and she looked into the parts catalog and what do you know! It was there!

Now, never while I was there did she say I was wrong. She did put forward her points but never did she say I was wrong. Team McMillan on the other hand wouldn't even consider I was right. The guy was arrogant and treated me horribly. Ok i'm still a teenager but I'm a customer! Its insulting that they shrug you off because of stereotypes. If they don't want my money, they think I care? I'll go down the road and pick up the parts probably cheaper.

Also, I took advantage of the $20 WOF check. Took it into TM, customer service was OK, the service desk guy was nice. Took a while for a WOF though. Failed on the reaction rod bushes and they tried to charge me $300 for parts! Not including labour or other expenses. Glenn sorted me out for no more than $140 from memory. Cheers Glenn.

Like someone else said, they try and reel you in with the $20 Wof then find stupid little things wrong and charge an arm and a leg to fix them.

My rant over.

I thought the $20 wof was only offered with the voucher. If thats what you used to get the $20 warrant then a wash isn't included. Its a seperate voucher, and you're only allowed to use one per visit.

Edited by OLLIE
swearing

Had a pretty good experience with Jerry clayton except for fixing my rear tail light (which I told them was out, but only intermittently), and I walked in in my MTV puma's http://www.individualsole.com/wp-content/u...puma-2008-5.jpg , skinny jeans, bullet belt and a hoodie, usually people look twice at me cause of the 6 piercings I have in my face but the guy was really good, always called me with progress reports and got my car all fixed up in a week + WOF.

Thread Closed

A positive thread turned negative. No need for bitching on the forums people, bordering on slanderism as there are always 2 sides to a story. There are other places to vent.