Sign in to follow this  
TDP

Am I the only person who thinks this is choice?

The longer this thing spends on trademe the more likely I am to do something really stupid.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-217519284.htm

There's just nothing about it I don't like. I'd tidy up the paint, but keep the scheme (including the Autobot logo), maybe lose the bumpers. The wheels would have to be replaced by 15s (to accomodate the brakes that these things need if you actually enjoy stopping), but the new ones would still be flat gold (neat, plain 5 spokes?). I'd rather restore the engine to fuel injection (in fact I believe I have a 325i loom lying around at home). LSD and 5 speed would be nice (but expensive and... GRRRRAAAAAAGHGHGHHGHGH. ARGGH. Arrrgh.. aahhh.

*implodes*

This, children, is why some people will never, ever, ever have any money.

Its badass.

I'd rock it..

Wonder why he carbed it though? I'd like to see engine piccys :)

Good thing it's in Welly or I might be tempted to do something silly like try buy the M10 engine. I need another ... I only have 2, LOL.

A few things make me laugh:

- 200hp (what, plus or minus 40hp?)

- comes with 4 cylinder 4spd box (from recent experience, I can assure you that is actually worthless)

It may be carbed because the original was carbs - converting to EFI is hard work if you need a pump, return line, etc etc.

Small case LSD in excess of $1000 if you can find one... ouch.

Yeah, 2k for a M20 is dreaming. Mine was a quarter of that. And mine wasn't, inexplicably, carbed. Single carbed at that. I can't help but feel that it'd be a dog. But yes pictures of the engine would be nice.

I'm actually kind of thankful for that carbie. If it didn't have that I'd probably already be even more broke (not to mention disowned).

It may be carbed because the original was carbs - converting to EFI is hard work if you need a pump, return line, etc etc.

Did not think of that. My E21 is running an M20b25 and all the plumbing was there from the k-jet debacle, but were the M10s carbed? That makes sense... Dammit! Even more work I'd have to do.

Edited by TDP

Thats tuff.

Definitely respect that on the road