Sign in to follow this  
jh15984

HID Installers?

Hey guys,

I've just bought a HID kit from Hong Kong for my 2006 E90 325I, needed to buy it from there because the new zealand ones don't support the e90 series and warning light pops up when your driving.

anyhow I received the parcel 3days ago and had a crack at installing the bugger, but it is so complicated.... so many wires and resistors..... and don't wanna ruin it by trying them out wrong...

Does anyone know a good place/ installers who could install HID's??

you guys help would be much appreciated~

Thanks~

John

Hi, welcome to Bimmersport, why not do an intro in the new member section and post up some pictures of your new car, its good to see some newer car drivers joining up, I for one love the E90 and am anticipating the day I find one in the speck im after and one I can afford :P

A qualified auto electrician will have no problem installing your HID kit but keep in mind fitting one is illegal and is a danger to other road users.

Most sparkies will just install a resistor to fool the light out sensor into believing the lights are off and everything is fine. I think the problem is due to the HID unit drawing a different amount than the stock halogens.

There are a couple of members on here that have retrofitted them and will be able to give a professional explanation.