Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

17" BBS CH's

E30 M3's run 5 series offsets, eg +20, I think you would not have enough clearance on the inside for E36 offset.

whether the wheels will fit on an e30 depends on the suspension bits you use to get 5 lug. If you use 318ti rear and E36 front then they should fit. If you do it the "proper" way and use e30 m3 gear then they wont fit, and you will need to use 5 series wheels.

did you receive tmy PM?

Yeh mate, will send them through asap.

Sorry I have just been flat out with this E30 I was thinking to buy... shame that did not turn out well :(

All good mate. Sorry didn't mean to rush you.

Guttered re E30. Sure another one will show up soon

still keen if you decide to sell...

Yep, will keep you posted on how much shipping will cost.

What a beautiful car, shame you sold it :(

Yeh, I got an offer I could not refuse to be honest. Would have never let her go otherwise :(

p.s. I will make sure to get onto those shipping costs this week, most of the shops were closed all week end + queens birthday so could not get any info.

Edited by crazyarab

have you tried surface mail at the post office?, probably get away with 2 parcels of 2 wheels, and would be way less than half the other quote you got I think

have you tried surface mail at the post office?, probably get away with 2 parcels of 2 wheels, and would be way less than half the other quote you got I think

Will pop down to the post office and ask.

People seem to be suggesting that Aussie customs is why it's so expensive to send.

Will pop down to the post office and ask.

People seem to be suggesting that Aussie customs is why it's so expensive to send.

prsonal items via post that are under $1000AUD including shipping attract no customs duty or GST...

prsonal items via post that are under $1000AUD including shipping attract no customs duty or GST...

Yep, you are 100% right.

I just popped into the post office and it's not that bad at all, will cost around $150NZD in total on "ECONOMY".

As you suggested, I would have to ship 2 parcels as they don't take more than 20kg parcels.

They gave me a number to call if I wanted to get them all shipped in the one package so I will give them a ring, they may have a better deal.

But yeh, that sounds a whole lot more affordable :).

Edited by crazyarab

updated main post with close up photos.

wheels arrived safely in Australia yesterday, thanks Atta B)

Enjoy man :)!

Well, considering I am probably getting a Merc or an E30 I don't think your mags would be much use to me :P

Dunno about the cap, should not be that bad.

M3 to Merc

Im honestly speechless!

M3 to Merc

Im honestly speechless!

I am an Arab, I love mercs... I don't even have a choice in the matter.

Having said that, I am 99.99% getting an E30 now.

Once again, selling the M3 was heart wrenching but I had big upgrade plans. When I finally got what I was asking for and had the cash in hand, I grew up a little bit and decided to invest rather than continue spending every bloody penny I ever saved on cars.

Imo, a 190 Cossy or nice M325 is the best value for money considering I want a daily car that I can blat on the track.

Edited by crazyarab