Sign in to follow this  
pies

Vacuum Advance/retard hoses

I've been trouble shooting on my Girlfriends E30 323i. Im pretty sure ive found the problem. there are no vacuum hoses coming off the dizzy. There are pipes for them to attach to, but i have no idea where the pipes need to go. Can someone please enlighten me?

Apparently there should be a black hose, and a white hose coming off the solenoid on the side of the dizzy.

1984 BMW 323i with an m20b23 engine im assuming...

thanks in advance :)

exactly what i was after. 30 mins of googling and all i could find was pictures of skoda's and a couple of pics of fuel rails.

Thanks!

ok. still having problems. can anyone tell me to find valve number 12? the one that goes in between the dizzy and the throttle body?

ok. still having problems. can anyone tell me to find valve number 12? the one that goes in between the dizzy and the throttle body?

It may not have the valve (12)... its either /or 12 or 16

ok cool thanks Glenn. will it matter which one i use as i cant find either of these valves, so i might go to the local bmw place here and buy which ever is cheapest :P