Sign in to follow this  
savvi

idle problem

hi guys

my e30 325 is having real problems keeping idle have had the intake manifold off to get the injectors serviced

now that is back together the car is very poor idle only just ticks over, and when i accelarate and change gears or at idle and or give it gas the revs are very slow to return this must be an air leak but ive come up with nothing

the coolant tube from the bottom of the thermastat to the throttle body and the one from the block to the throttle body if they were back to front would that cause the problem i have

cheers for any help

shane

Guest FrantiC

You shouldn't have to remove intake manifold to get the fuel rail out.

But yeah you definitley have a vacuum leak somewhere. Did you put new injector o-rings when you put them back in?? New intake manifold gaskets? no cracks in the intake boot?

No, those coolant lines don't effect it.

You shouldn't have to remove intake manifold to get the fuel rail out.

But yeah you definitley have a vacuum leak somewhere. Did you put new injector o-rings when you put them back in?? New intake manifold gaskets? no cracks in the intake boot?

No, those coolant lines don't effect it.

took the manifold off to get the starter off as well no i didn't change gasket or o rings they were in good order nothing broken or cracked or perished

Guest FrantiC

took the manifold off to get the starter off as well no i didn't change gasket or o rings they were in good order nothing broken or cracked or perished

You don't need to remove intake to get starter out either. Can be done with it in.

Get yourself new gaskets and o-rings. The gaskets can only be used once - Once compressed they won't seal properlly again.

You don't need to remove intake to get starter out either. Can be done with it in.

Get yourself new gaskets and o-rings. The gaskets can only be used once - Once compressed they won't seal properlly again.

ive done wat you said got my self a new gasket but hasnt't arrived yet , but since then i took the car home from the mechanic and it was running on all cylinders then all of a sudden one of them stopped working and now it sounds like a 5 cyl honda im guessing its an ecectrical prob , what do you think , as you seem to have good knowledge on e30s,

can i have the injector leads muddled up would that cause it

cheers shane

could the timing be out? causing the spark plugs to foul up?

maybe the spark plugs are playing up?

just some idea's

could the timing be out? causing the spark plugs to foul up?

maybe the spark plugs are playing up?

just some idea's

no there not fouled up there brand new they are less than 30ks old

Guest FrantiC

What about your spark plug leads are they pushed onto the spark plugs properlly ? Hows your dizzy cap looking ?

I still vote vacuum leak, but running on 5 cylinders is odd. Injector leads aren't able to be mucked up they are all set out with no slack between so you can't really have them plugged in the wrong way.