Sign in to follow this  
AzonicNick

E36 NZ OEM Mongoose Alarm upgrade?

Hey all,

Just looking through some of the original paperwork for my new (to me :P) NZ new e36 and discovered this manual along with a small LED light mounted in the button blanks infront of the gear shifter.

Now I realise this doesnt say BMW 3 on it but am wondering whats the chances of my car having this? was it a option originally?

The key is a standard BMW one, has no extra remote or anything.

Posted Image

My old E36 had a LED mounted in the switch blanks on the centre console. The alarm was a Mongoose also. This isn't unusal though, as that's where alarm installers generally mount the arming LED.

My alarm was installed aftermarket and had separate remotes. How many buttons does your key have? It could just be the button for the little light in the key that helps you find the lock at night.

EDIT: The factory alarm is mounted behind the glovebox.... take a look and see if it's there.

Edited by _Mark_

My old E36 had a LED mounted in the switch blanks on the centre console. The alarm was a Mongoose also. This isn't unusal though, as that's where alarm installers generally mount the arming LED.

My alarm was installed aftermarket and had separate remotes. How many buttons does your key have? It could just be the button for the little light in the key that helps you find the lock at night.

EDIT: The factory alarm is mounted behind the glovebox.... take a look and see if it's there.

Key has the big lock button, then two smaller buttons side by side. One is unlock and the other turns on the interior lights without unlocking the doors from playing with it.

Ill have a poke around behind the glovebox tomorrow and see what I can see..