Sign in to follow this  
rechir

e34 overheating HELP!

one day the car just stopped in the middle of the road,pushed it to the side and when we opened the bonnet steaming and overheating,let it cool topped it up,drove home computer beeped displaying "Oil Press Pump see owners manual"Took it to supermarket few days later no overheating but still trying to cut out had to put in neutral and rev to keep it going at the lights,made it home and it cut out at the end of driveway,rolled it into carport and been there ever since.Now yesterday rang BM Autobahn at the mount and he said the voltage on our battery was too low to make oil pump work prob just need to replace battery which made sense as we had left the lights on one time and needed jump start to get the thing going.Anyway brought a new battery today(BRAND NEW) tried to take it out got about 3 ks and started cutting out and overheating again,temp gauge on half no alert on comp.

Am I reading this right? The car overheated, there was a warning about oil pressure, the engine kept cutting out - but you kept driving it anyway -then had another go for good measure?

Edited by ducatiss

I was wondering about this as well. I have my doubts about a battery problem causing low oil pressure....

I'd say you need to get it to a mechanic - if you haven't already killed it with the overheating AND lack of oil pressure.

/shakes head/.

Surely this is a troll post? "My car is overheating and I'm getting an oil pump error, so I replaced my battery"? No way.

You have warped or cracked the head BMW's hate being driven while overheated like Mitsubishi, they don't forgive you, your radiator top tank has a hairline crack or something essentially it has run out of water thats why you had to top it up .

Keep that car for parts and buy another E34.

if i were you i would pull your motor out, scrape off the black bits, spread some butter on it and see if it tastes much like toast.

You have warped or cracked the head BMW's hate being driven while overheated like Mitsubishi, they don't forgive you

myn overheated once... still hasnt forgiven me, giving me all sorts of trouble for half a year now :(