Sign in to follow this  
petone

Sports or Leather?

Got someone who wants my leather seats, and would give me his sports seats plus a bit extra maybe. Now, my seats are just plain black leather 2 door and the drivers in ripped quite bad, (along the seams, not the actual leather cost around $100 to fix) And there is a small rip in his seats, not major though.

Question is, would that be a fair swap or is one worth quite a bit more than the other? I can't decide what I would want, leather is so much cooler and looks way nicer but sports seats would be more practical. How much better do the sports seats hold you? What would you guys rather have?

Cheers

Edited by petone

Hrm... With leather you slide around everywhere... They get sticky on hot days (some people like that... :D )

Leather does as you pointed out look nice, and it is all class..

Sports seats are great, particularly if they are not leather (no slide!) and look badass...

And yea, they do hold you quite well.

If that was me in your shoes, I'd swap.

Edited by Surge

not sure exactly what you mean by your ones being leather but not sports...as in no side support? or you could just get leather sports seats :D

the novelty of leather wears off....its nice and its more durable....but the sports seats sound nice....side support is the sh*t, makes a big difference when driving....maybe post some pics up of both seats so we can judge!

if you dont like sliding round on leather there's only one solution...drive nude

My leather seats are the same shape and adjustments as the normal E30 cloth seats. So they do have some side support but not much. The sports ones are just the normal cloth sports seats.

If both sets were in average condition, what they be worth roughly? Would a straight swap be fair? Or would the leather be worth a bit more?

As for leather sports seats, aren't you the only one with them on the site gus?

nah im sure other people have them....they not THAT uncommon...ive seen em on a few cars....i really dunno what leather non sports seats would be like...ideally you would want sports seats with firmer foam and recovered in suede/alcantara...hmm badass

Leather sports seats here too.

Firmly packed so you don't slide around... and micro-holes in the leather so it still breathes. Its all good.

If it were a choice between leather & sports ... I think I'd go the leather way.

Pimp stylz :pimp: :P

My opinion is to stick with it so that it matches the rest of your car ... Thats just me ..

I'm just saying that since the rear seats would be leather ... wouldn't it just be better looking to have the front leather as well ?

I would change over everything, back seat and door cards as well. about leather sports seats I was just meaning E30, but if I could find some for a good price then I'd put them in straight away.

I think I will take the sports seats, sorry to keep bringing this up but would they be roughly worth the same, would a straight swap be fair?

Just take a look at both sets and decide for yourself if you think it's fair, you can't really judge something without seeing them, just think to yourself 'if I do a straight swap am I going to be worser off'...if yes then it ain't a fair swap.

leather AND sports...but i would stick to the leather,unless you can swap the whole car AND you really want those sport seats!

Why do you say unless you can swap the whole car? Mine was never leather to begin with, I pulled the seats out my mates crashed one along with the door panels, I'd swap those as well.

why not just go get some sparcos...

Because i don't think the sparco shop will accept 17 year old leather seats as payment.

point taken.