Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

In car videocam

Hey Guys,

Got the track day coming up on the 2nd next month and im wanting to record it as theres going to be some awesome machines there.

Just wondering if theres any bimmersporters that would be so awesome as to let me borrow there in car video cam for the day :) there will be beer involved and allot of thanks, I like to think of myself as very trustworthy and ill get it back to you ASAP !!

Any help would be great, Ive got a digital camera and a handy cam but ive heard they are pretty ave at recording with vibrations etc?

Any help would be huge

Cheers

Riley

If you ever get a spare 400 bucks, head down to the Hornby mall, there is a camera shop there that sells the GoPro helmet cams. You probably know it ha. But it comes with a suction cup rated to 200kph.. Actually sweet.

And good luck getting a camera, would love to see some In-car of it! Well, have already experienced it in real life, but NEED MORE.

I want one of them bad mate, just got no $$$ dammit lol

Ive just looked into my digital camera and it records movies at 848 x 480 (30 frames/second with OIS in video mode!!!, with sound), which is also in 16:9

so its actually a step up on the 512x384 30 fps that the go pro records at. So im pretty stoked although i cant mount it yet...........haha. Got to sort a nice mount out now

Go buy a cheap as tripod from d*ck smith and then do as Laurence says :D

That way you shouldn't get sticky all over the camera body

Got a navman windscreen mount that im going to rig up somehow, will post up pics if i can sort it

Iv got one here you can use if you pay postage.

8gb SD mem card, 30fps, waterproof and so on.

I can send it down after a track day on the 19th.

Should have a suction mount but its sitting in Auckland(got to get it sent down)

Flick me a email

Edited by HaNs

Hey Guys,

Got the track day coming up on the 2nd next month and im wanting to record it as theres going to be some awesome machines there.

Just wondering if theres any bimmersporters that would be so awesome as to let me borrow there in car video cam for the day :) there will be beer involved and allot of thanks, I like to think of myself as very trustworthy and ill get it back to you ASAP !!

Any help would be great, Ive got a digital camera and a handy cam but ive heard they are pretty ave at recording with vibrations etc?

Any help would be huge

Cheers

Riley

Hey Riley,

What sort of vid cam do you have? I dont know if you have seen my motor sport videos or not, but chances are your cam will be absolutely fine so long as its mounted correctly.If its a HDD cam, forget it, if its a digital camcorder, all good.

I can show you how to mount it in under 30secs and have perfect results every time..

Checkout my video's

Whittaker Motorsport Videos

Cheers

Boyd

Iv got one here you can use if you pay postage.

8gb SD mem card, 30fps, waterproof and so on.

I can send it down after a track day on the 19th.

Should have a suction mount but its sitting in Auckland(got to get it sent down)

Flick me a email

Thanks heaps mate will let you no how I go with my rig up and go from there :)

Hey Riley,

What sort of vid cam do you have? I dont know if you have seen my motor sport videos or not, but chances are your cam will be absolutely fine so long as its mounted correctly.If its a HDD cam, forget it, if its a digital camcorder, all good.

I can show you how to mount it in under 30secs and have perfect results every time..

Checkout my video's

Whittaker Motorsport Videos

Cheers

Boyd

Thanks Boyd, will let you no dude

Riley, you could always make up a bar that goes between the seatbelt mounts on the B-pillars and has a hole in the middle for a standard screw/bolt that fits the base of the camera, doesn't get much sturdier than that!!!

Looking forward to the vidi's !!!!

Riley, you could always make up a bar that goes between the seatbelt mounts on the B-pillars and has a hole in the middle for a standard screw/bolt that fits the base of the camera, doesn't get much sturdier than that!!!

Looking forward to the vidi's !!!!

Thats a dam good idea!! If my way does not work ill be doing that for sure