Sign in to follow this  
Grant

4 Wheel Driving

Here are some pics from my first go at 4 Wheel Driving in the Wrangler on Sunday.

The event was in Woodhill Forest, and was organised by the Auckland 4WD Club, and was called a 'shiny vehicle' run. This means you weren't going to do anything to damage your vehicles.

The weather was apalling (but goo for 4WD'ing). Unfortunately most of the mud got washed off by the rain as we were going. I was hoping to have the Wrangler caked in mud.

The Wrangler handled itself really well, despite only having road tyres on it. However most of it was spent high revving in 1st gear, with wheels spinning like crazy. :D

post-18-1100555845.jpg

Guest Andrew

badass.. that car is pretty clean for some 4x4 action - you didn't roll it enough times g-unit.

badass.. that car is pretty clean for some 4x4 action - you didn't roll it enough times g-unit.

I did about 80% of the driving, but the small part Brook did was insane. She had no mercy on the poor Jeep, and at one stage I'm sure it was airborne.

It was a pity that the rain washed off the mud as quickly as it gathered.

The biggest trick was to make sure that the windscreen wipers were on before you hit the mud puddles.

Cheers

Looks awesome. Theres been so many times I wish I had 4wd. But the benefits of having a (good, not some sh*t Rav4 or similar) 4wd don't outweigh the benfits of a car for everyday use.

I think if I didn't buy the E34, a Jeep Cherokee was a good possibility :mosh:

Would have no trouble having one as a second car though.

All in a days work - literally :D

post-18-1104187640.jpg