Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

e30 kickdown cable

Hi Y'all,

e30 318 auto out of the car.

Trans going back in, someone has ripped off the kickdiown cable, like taken it out...

I sold rthe engine & the guy gave back the trans, minus above cable.

Now meathead is having trouble reinstalling it.

Seems like ewe gotta take the trans apart & hook the cable end back around something.

Think meathead has gotten a spring or something jammed open, she'll be rite mate...

You only need to take the pan off to replace the cable...its no big deal

You only need to take the pan off to replace the cable...its no big deal

Thanks Mate, I only looked at it briefly, I've got meathead the mechanic on the job, my bro... He fell off Devonport wharf when we were little, think he's never bean the same since...

He'll lose patience inside 2 minutes & bodgy it up with some araldite.

We had a plan of buying up a few old cars over here. But it hasn't really got of the ground.

My idea of fixing a car is to clean it up, give it a service, change some parts over, say a head off another car...

His idea is to tip sum chemiweld down the gullet & see if it'll make it to the end of the street.

We had that e12 5 speed sold to a guy on ebay, $1600 told him we'd change the head & get it going... But when it sold he wouldn't do it, wanted to chemiweld it. so I cancelled the sale & told hiom to go back to Chevy's.

We bought a clapped out e23 for the head for the e12, other bits for my old e23, got an e30, had a spare trans from when I wrecked my daughters car...

If I can ask you about our latest joke, without posting it out there on a new thread??

He bought an e23 735i. Hadn't been going for over a year, frost plugs are rusted out... Wwent & looked at it day 1. wouldn't fire up, owner reckoned they had had it going past few daze...

Came back with tools day 2. Put on a new water pump I had & a spare radiator.

THEN.... He pulls the spark plug leads off, we had a set of plugs... before seeing if it wood fire up as is...

He breaks the leads as they were well stuck on, patches them up as a bodgy chev mechanic mite, but surprise it runs like sh*t. 4.5 cylinders. He drives it home, it sits on my front lawn for a week.

He takes the leads out of the 728 e23, with different dizzy... patches them up to fit the 35....

Now the story... It still runs like sh*t, maybe 5 cylinders now, he's lost his patience, F**en germans, over engineer eberything (he has 2 take the ear box off)..

Long story short, reckons it's got water in the bore, pulled the plugs, looked to me like petrol! Yeah it wont start sometimes from the key, relay by battery instead, put a new battery innit, wouldn't turn over, he reckoned it was full of water.... Bottle chemiweld, still runs like crap...

I think he's got it all wrong, there's no compression of the water or any symptoms you'd expect from a blown head.

I think he's gotta get the gorse out &n buy a decent set of leads. (when was the last time eyesore gorse)

Then maybe flush it, change the frost plugs etc.

Leaks oil badly too, maybe the seals are perished?

I should'be said something when he bought it, but he wanted it, he's been driving my 23, likes the style...

Anyway I think the answer's obvious. I wont take up any more of your time.

Cheers.