Sign in to follow this  
APT

How to remove e30 carpets?

Hey guys

I tried to take my carpet all out today but i had no luck, got as far as the front door :lol: but cant seem to get the black plastic (holds the carpet and bottom of door)

Im sure this is an easy task but just dont want to break anything trying to pull it apart with force.

How did you guys do it ? and tips ?

That plastic at the bottom of the door slides out towards the back of the car, its pretty easy to break but you can get it out intact, getting it in is a real bitch though!

Taking the carpet out really isn't a fun job, good luck.

Thanks for the reply mate but its actually not the one under the door, but the one that goes over the carpet right next to that plastic (closer to the seat).. any ideas?

Im pretty sure that it just unclips dude, you can get proper interior pullers for use with trim and door cards we sell them at work. The inner plastic part (not the bit under the door) I think has three clips underneath it that go down into the sill, they are a pain to undo I know, dont be suprised if you break one or two. You just have to work them gently and slowly.

Thanks mate will give it a go now hope i dont break it

i found it tricky too mate , ended up breacking one, and the other poped out with no grommets attached, if you can manage to pull the carpet out from underneath it then you will have more room to play around, ( but as tastic said , they are a real bitch to get back in)

Its a real bitchh to put back!! Well its all done now ended up breaking a part of the plastic cover..Dammit!! Covered the broken end with black electrical tape looks so crappy..But huh better than cable lying around and you can always buy another from the wreckers. Thanks Guys