Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

White plastic washer

Hi all,

Awhile ago I got my new shocks, springs and bushes from Stocks, and they've given us 2 white plastic washers, where do these go? we're ready to put everything back together but don't know where these go....

50mm wide

2-3mm thick

Pic should be attached :D

Cheers,

Andrew

post-1001-1245212976_thumb.jpg

Ask Stocks

I've never seen those before. If its for the E30, maybe they go ontop or underneath the shock insert, inside the strut tube. Are your strut tubes 50mm ??

Edited by *Glenn*

Hi all,

Awhile ago I got my new shocks, springs and bushes from Stocks, and they've given us 2 white plastic washers, where do these go? we're ready to put everything back together but don't know where these go....

Hi Andrew, These are called deaerating washers, they fit under the bumpstops. If the bumpstops come into contact with the top of the shock body under compression they can act like a "suction pump" and suck the shock oil out past the seal. The slot in these stops the bump stop from being able to create this suction effect.

cheers

Grant.

Hi Andrew, These are called deaerating washers, they fit under the bumpstops. If the bumpstops come into contact with the top of the shock body under compression they can act like a "suction pump" and suck the shock oil out past the seal. The slot in these stops the bump stop from being able to create this suction effect.

That's where I have put them in the past (I think there is a pic in the instructions?), but I never knew why. Thanks!

I've never seen these before, never been offered them with replacement shocks either...the explanation sounds feesable though as some of the bumpstops have slots on them where the bumpstop contacts the top of the shock