Sign in to follow this  
darkwolf

I'm not worthy.

Woke up this morning started the car up to see a "CHECK COOLANT LEVEL" warning. :o

Thought "oh fudgesticks and fairy cakes, not again." :angry:

Pop bonnet, started looking for broken hoses. :huh: Nothing seems broken.

Fill up reservoir. Start car. Everything normal. No water running places no "CHECK COOLANT LEVEL" warnings nothing.

Turns out. I haven't checked my water since March. And that was only because there was a fountain coming out the bleed valve on the top of the radiator (cos the muppet who replaced my split hose less than 7 days earlier, busted the valve when bleeding the system and neglected to tell me). So I've given myself a very big slap on the hand and am thankful once again for her early warning systems. :wub:

It's all good now. To be honest I didn't even check the water when she came back. I take full responsibility for the neglect I've shown my car and have seen the error of my ways. I'm not worthy.

You are still worthy, only if you wash it and then nail some curves.

I love the coolant light. Will always have one, maybe fit a buzzer to it as well...

Would be a good opportunity to check the valley pan is holding it's coolant. If it leaks it runs down the front of the transmission, and you can see crusted coolant by the bolts of the valley pan cover.