Sign in to follow this  
Ugan

Baby Capsule for E46

Hi

Does anyone have a baby capsule fitted to there E46. I have heard that this may not be possible as the anchorage point was only fitted to E46's post 2001. Any info will be helpful.

Cheers

Guest Simon*

I can't speak from experience with regard to E46's but I would be very surprised if there are not pre-drilled holes in the parcel tray (at the very least under the upholstery etc) for ISOFIX carseat mounts. If in doubt look up from the underside in the boot. Should be plain to see.

My '94 E34 was fitted as such

Pull the rear seat out and have a look ... really easy to remove ... grab the front lip of the seat and pull up in a jerking motion. Then just pull forwards .. takes 2 seconds.

Thanks.

Will have to check up on this.

Cheers.

Pull the rear seat out and have a look ... really easy to remove ... grab the front lip of the seat and pull up in a jerking motion. Then just pull forwards .. takes 2 seconds.

ISOFIX attachment point at the base of seat is standard for rear seat of e46. There was no mention of any hook type anchoring on parcel shelf in the owners manual.

ISOFIX connections are at the bottom of the seat back.

Pretty much all BMWs have the bolts available in the rear shelf but thats not considered as an ISOFIX connection and your right in that they really only became standard after 2001.

ISOFIX connections are at the bottom of the seat back.

Pretty much all BMWs have the bolts available in the rear shelf but thats not considered as an ISOFIX connection and your right in that they really only became standard after 2001.

CAREFUL - the availability of fixing points varies per market

A tether is required by law in NZ when using a car seat in NZ, therefore the tether points are fitted to NZ market cars

A tether is not required by law in JAPAN, therefore ex-Japan BMWs don't have the mounting points premade.

(Jap baby carseats only need to be secured by seatbelts, not by tethers)

Place an ex-Japan BMW next to a NZ-market BMW and the difference is plain to see.

...or am I talking Hondas...??

Edited by jochen