Sign in to follow this  
ieasti

Eagle Eyes LED tails for e46

Does anyone have experience with the ones that forum sponsors sell in e46fanatics? Do they work with out cars or do they throw bulb out warnings?

I talked to Khoa and he seems to think US spec lights work on Euro spec cars but not vice versa...

Anyone wants to chim in?

I don't have them, but the only thing to be aware of is one of the LEDs is actually a screw. have a look at photos on e46fanatics with people running them and youll see what I mean.

I'm also 95% sure it doesn't trigger the LCM lightout monitoring... however the LCM can be re-programmed easy enough. I can help with that if youre in the AKL area.

I have found ways of also tricking the park light vs headlight side marker thing as well. That will be what hes talking about.

I don't have them, but the only thing to be aware of is one of the LEDs is actually a screw. have a look at photos on e46fanatics with people running them and youll see what I mean.

I'm also 95% sure it doesn't trigger the LCM lightout monitoring... however the LCM can be re-programmed easy enough. I can help with that if you in the AKL area.

I have found ways of also tricking the park light vs headlight side marker thing as well. That will be what hes talking about.

I think the coupe's doesnt have the middle LED missing? I might take the plunge and have a set ship from US and see how it goes...

the coupe ones from Jlevistreetwerks seem to be on special for $175 usd

I might be looking at getting some in the not too distant ish future,

If you do take the plunge, keep us updated on how they go

Cool :) keen to hear how you get on too. If the yanks are into it they wont be crap.

i had them on my old E46 preFL sedan and they looked good

highly recommended

and that missing LED in the middle

u won't notice unless u walk really close

i can dig up some clips n pics of my old car if u want

Edited by skyline_400r

Alright, just got some updates..

recently got myself a set of the LED tail lights for my pre-facelift, and it indeed showed a bulb out warning...

:angry: wondering what I could to do them now..

Alright, just got some updates..

recently got myself a set of the LED tail lights for my pre-facelift, and it indeed showed a bulb out warning...

:angry: wondering what I could to do them now..

I'm also 95% sure it doesn't trigger the LCM lightout monitoring... however the LCM can be re-programmed easy enough. I can help with that if youre in the AKL area.