Sign in to follow this  
nutter

Rubber Drive Shaft Donut?

Hey there

My rubber donut that my drive shaft and gear box bolt to has Stuffed its telf AGAIN,I have replace the drive shaft centre bearing but its hard to find the donut or a better than stock one, does any one know a place other than auto stop to get one or does any one have one for sale?

E34 525i Manual with a M50 motor

thanks Nutter

Im sorry i think i posted this in the wrong Place

Edited by nutterbutter

Hey there

My rubber donut that my drive shaft and gear box bolt to has Stuffed its telf AGAIN,I have replace the drive shaft centre bearing but its hard to find the donut or a better than stock one, does any one know a place other than auto stop to get one or does any one have one for sale?

E34 525i Manual with a M50 motor

thanks Nutter

Im sorry i think i posted this in the wrong Place

I recently replaced my driveshaft mount, gearbox mount, and center bearing in an E30

Bought all the parts from "Sims Brakes" in Dunedin.

Euro-Italian - forum sponsor. Gives a discount to members. I've never broken one.

Perhaps you should be doing less skids, or learn how to do them without breaking your doughnut.

Perhaps you should be doing less skids, or learn how to do them without breaking your doughnut.

LOL HAHAhAhAHAHAHAHAHAHA I RECON lol na i did man handle my baby in the begining and ended up stuffing the Doughnut and centred bearing but i did not change them both so yeah ended up bring the fault back lol

Thanks For the heads up and info

P.S Yeah ive stop driiving for a while going to get my baby Mint working again lol

E34's are definitely Males. Calling it 'my baby' is just weird ahaa.

does your car shake while driving much? Sounds like it could be an un balanced driveshaft if the doughnut has buggered itself more than once.

had the same prob in my wagon from using two different halve shafts and not balancing it. = cracked doughnut within 8000kms.

I have mint used doughnuts to fit that model 25$ postage included.

does your car shake while driving much? Sounds like it could be an un balanced driveshaft if the doughnut has buggered itself more than once.

had the same prob in my wagon from using two different halve shafts and not balancing it. = cracked doughnut within 8000kms.

I have mint used doughnuts to fit that model 25$ postage included.

This car is 100%stock so i dont see why the drive shaft is unbalenced but i will look in to it,could save me some money lol,the doughnut stuffed out quite bad because it had done 250,000 KMs lol and then i started drifting and skidding,i replace just the doughnut, started with skids again and the noises came back pretty fast lol but it was the centre bearing, changed the centre bearing and then it was the doughnut again so now ive just bought a centre bearing and need a doughnut and im changing them both but after i get it balenced lol ill PM you for that doughnut or are you in Aucks i can find a way to get to you

thanks nutter

Edited by nutterbutter