Sign in to follow this  
bekker

Sump washers and steering box for E28

Two questions...

Can someone please tell me what size and type of sump washers I need for both the engine and the auto trans for an 87 525e.

Also I think the steering box is pretty much poked. Does anybody know what (if any) other models boxes (that just doesn't sound right) will fit. Is there such a thing as an upgrade for this part?

Cheers in advance.

Two questions...

Can someone please tell me what size and type of sump washers I need for both the engine and the auto trans for an 87 525e.

Also I think the steering box is pretty much poked. Does anybody know what (if any) other models boxes (that just doesn't sound right) will fit. Is there such a thing as an upgrade for this part?

Cheers in advance.

no upgrade except for quicker M5 steering box , good luck finding one of those .

i have standard ones if needed , also check the play in the universal joint (they wear out).

no upgrade except for quicker M5 steering box , good luck finding one of those .

i have standard ones if needed , also check the play in the universal joint (they wear out).

Good point I haven't checked the UJ. Just know there is play and a groanching noise and feel through the steering wheel.

or, ditch the steering box and fit a rack an pinion off an e30/e36.

good results i'm told