Sign in to follow this  
Jaydubs

Insurance Rant - woe is me.

Aon is our broker, and all our cars ( 5 of them :P ) and the truck are insured with NTI ,and no problems with

mods and they are quick, somebody ran into the back of the trailer, (no insurance <_< ) on Wednesday and

by Friday they told me to get it fixed, and one week later all done :rolleyes:

18 years old, 1 speeding ticket, e36 328i... State quoted me $2200 a year :o !!!

hmmm no thanks. <_<

I went with NAC, has anyone had to deal with them for claims?

18 years old, 1 speeding ticket, e36 328i... State quoted me $2200 a year :o !!!

hmmm no thanks. <_<

I went with NAC, has anyone had to deal with them for claims?

Was told to avoid NAC at all costs... from my understanding they are a last resort company... Heard lots of horror stories about battling payouts

Was told to avoid NAC at all costs... from my understanding they are a last resort company... Heard lots of horror stories about battling payouts

I can get my flatmate wound up high about NAC, He gets cheaper insurance on me, on a wanky boy racer car.

AMI Have paid out twice for my family now, within months of eachother....

Mum rear-ended someone, writing her car off... then bought my Camry, and i traded them my Lancer. then someone T-Bones me in my Camry... thus buying an E30.

Insurance FTW.

Actually i was thinking about transferring from state to NAC since the excess that state charges is ridiculous. But with the aforementioned problems of claiming from them is it worth it?

Does anyone have any 1st hand experience dealing with NAC?

I had a claim once with NAC few years ago, no problems at all. It was someone elses' fault and they have full insurance though. I just need to do a bit of run around for 2 quotes from repair of my choice, fax to them and they will negotiate with the other insurance compant and approved the repair within a few days.

Im with State, so are my parents.

You would think that with 3 houses and 4 cars also insured though them they would give me some sort of deal..

I kinda neglected to tell them about any of my mods just because i dont think 17" wheels is a modification when some E36's came standard with them.. and as for the interior work I had done and various other things, I still see it as a pretty much factory spec car. So thats what I have insured it as. Which by the way for 3rd party fire + theft is costing the oldies $1500 a year and Im 22 with have only had two tickets with a E36 318is...

Not cool, got a quote from AMI for full insurance and the car fixed at a value of $8000 for $1200 a year. Slightly better i would say.. haha.

Might try Tower also.

But that is simply rediculous to decline a car just based on the fact you put wheels on it. Whats next? declining a car for those uber classy playboy seat covers that are oh so popular? mmm 'custom' interior...

I smell a letter to Fair Go comming

Guest FrantiC

NAC was the only insurance company that would insure me for..

325i 87 coupe

17's

sounds

lowered vehicle

16 when i started it

came to $779 a year for full cover which was all good for insured sum of $4000.

Everyone else said too young..

Can't wait for the next time I get insurance though..

18 now, 2.7l turbo e30 heaps of mods and with my bad driving history, 2 big claims eeeeeeeeeeek!

I have never made any claims with the insurance compaines ive dealt with in the past, and I have a clean driving record, and no criminal record, plus i'm over 25

so..

Last year June i paid 10500 for my 540i and insured it with State - Full cover for insured value of $9500 was $67 a month with $500 excess. I receive a renewal letter this year from State advising that vehcle is now insured for $5800 @ $65 a month with $500 excess. I called them and said basically WTF!.. Demanded they insure the car for $9500, to which they said sure, but it will now cost u $80 a month.

Called up AMI, got a quote and now I pay $65 a month with $250 excess full cover. Told State to go fly a kite!

AMI FTW.

I've had many interesting calls to insurance companys, get as far as asking what engine is in my car and my age.

"So what kind of car is it?"

"A Nissan 300zx"

"And what engine is in that?"

"3 litre v6 twin turbo..."

"how old are you again..?"

Also always get asked if its got the targa tops, which it does, last quote I got was like 1500 full cover from NAC though but never got the contract etc, trying to get insurance this week for her again as I've finally finished fixing it, guess my only option is NAC again.

Guest FrantiC

Just read back noticed the NAC talk, They are awesome IMO. Only company that would insure me so kind of had no choice...

Within 3 months of insurance under them, Had a rear end accident where I rear ended a 96 galant. My car cost a good $3200 to fix, plus the cost of their car repair.

2 months after that I did a U-Turn on a motorway which some complete moron slammed his breaks when I was way gone and blew his master cylinder, the boat he was towing with his SUV came off the tow hook and straight into the rear of the SUV. Some $13000 of damages which NAC covered for me no questions asked, Just forwaded the letters from the guys insurance company to NAC, got a call confirming what they had claimed was true and was done...

Classic Cover has been pretty affordable, but they only really cover pre-2000 cars - I'm not sure what qualifies as a classic.

I'm 24 and my E30 M3 was insured for $50k for $350/year, limited to 5000km. I just got a quote on a $40k M Coupe (a 1999, but not registered until 2001 so they inititially came back at $3500!) for $600/year, limited to 5000km.

Apparently they don't usually cover under 25's but do in certain cases, worth a try I guess?