Sign in to follow this  
mivtec

Installing sub and Amp E36 - Problems

Well, when i installed my amp and sub in my old mitsi, it was easy as!

Now i brought just a reg 12" sub and amp ( i work at repco P/time to piked it up for a good price) ive connected all the wires in the boot, but im having ALOT of trouble running the wires through the rear of the head deck, there just seems to be no room! Then i got frustrated and broke my glove box accidentally... so now ive gotta sort one of those out!

does any one have any hints on how to run the wires to the boot (easiest route), have people gone along the door sills under the carpet of along the centre consoles?

After today i wish i never started this.

:unsure:

Also does any one know where i can grab a 2nd hand glove box from (i think the whole latch is buggered, it wouldnt open so i pulled it and broke the little metal D shape metal latch)

I went under my centre console, then under rear carpet and under my rear seats. Piece of piss.

Take out the Heater controller, ciggy lighter bit and pocket thing for ease. Can take pics if you want and label accordingly?

Edit, also I recently f**ked my remote cable somehow. So as a temporary rangi mod, I wired my remote cable to the right rear tail light. My sub only runs when my lights are on.. Win ;)

Edited by Pjay

I went under my centre console, then under rear carpet and under my rear seats. Piece of piss.

Take out the Heater controller, ciggy lighter bit and pocket thing for ease. Can take pics if you want and label accordingly?

Edit, also I recently f**ked my remote cable somehow. So as a temporary rangi mod, I wired my remote cable to the right rear tail light. My sub only runs when my lights are on.. Win ;)

yeah thought i would have to do that, where are all the screws for removing these?

sorry about the lame questions its just already breaking the glove box, i dont want to break any thing else! :) i had the centre console out today, found the screw hiding under the hazard light!

Hahah, you win at life, srsly.

That is classic.

I had a few issues with space getting the cable through on my old E36, just takes patience and time if you haven't done it before.

When i had one i ran the remote turn on wire etc down the passenger side of the car, under carpet and door sills. Then through the side of the back seat.

All hidden away.

yea thats the way i was going to do it, but the problem is getting the wires from the rear of head unit to that area (or getting the down behind the AC unit) any one have any hints/? im sure theres absolutely no room!

Pull the glove box and stereo out, there should be room to feed wires through a hole behind there, then trace them right up the front of of the passenger foot well then round the side in to the door sill.

screws for your centre console are under the ash trays so just pull those out and u shud see the screws. plenty of room through there. u can get ur ac unit out by using something like a steel rule and slip in 1 side and lever it out gently, theres a steel clip on either side of the unit but they dont take much to get out so be careful and dont force it. if you are at the te rapa repco i can show you during my lunch break

What's the need to pull the AC unit out?

theres no need but will just give him a lil more room to work in there, although i guess he is only running like 3 leads

Was for ease of installation. I had 3 sets of RCA's, remote cable and a bass remote, so made it much easier.

figured it out yesterday, just took me a while to figure out how to remove the sun glass holder. Cheers for advice.

well ive got little hands and i got the wires going down from the head deck, running under the centre console.. under the carpet through to under the back seat to the amp and to the sub.. pretty tidy job.. no wires visible :D