Sign in to follow this  
mattgoldsbro

Central Locking ?

My car is fitted with an AVS alarm/immobiliser system which also controls keyless entry. Everything has been working fine untill recently i would come back to my car and realise the doors were unlocked. The alarm arms and unarms as normal but nothing locks or unlocks. This was the first problem but now even when i use my key in the door it doesnt always unlock both doors, it always unlocks that particular door and the boot ? And sometimes both doors?

Please has anybody got any ideas of how to fix this prob?

The three fuses all seem good, could a weak battery cause this? All other electrics seem fine.

The car is a 2 door/coupe.

Thanks any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by goldbro

You might want to first try pin-point if the factory bits have problem or the aftermarket bit having issue.

Does your dead-locking work with your key on both doors? (windows down, lock your car with key then try to open the door from inside)

Out of curiousty, does your fuel door lock/unlock with the after-market remote?

You might want to first try pin-point if the factory bits have problem or the aftermarket bit having issue.

Does your dead-locking work with your key on both doors? (windows down, lock your car with key then try to open the door from inside)

Out of curiousty, does your fuel door lock/unlock with the after-market remote?

Hi thanks for reply, My fuel lock/unlock does not work with alarm either.

Just tried the dead locking and i can still open door from inside on drivers door, but cannot on passenger door ?

Maybe it could be something to do with the drivers door?

I just realised that i can close both windows and sunroof with key which is pretty cool !

Thanks

So your after-market alarm only tapped into the normal central locking circuits then, as proper dead locking will lock the fuel door for you (as in the case when you lock with a key).

Not sure what's wrong but maybe see you alarm installer and get them to fix it under warranty?