Sign in to follow this  
535i_E34_90

M20B25

Hi guys, I'm after a M20B25 engine, what I have is a 525 E34 manual, picked it up cheap as it had been cooked, I pulled down the engine and decided bottom end was probably ok (I was assured bottom end was ok, hmm). I was wrong, so this old girl has fully recon head on it, but give it some sh*t and the blue smoke comes apparent.

So I'm looking for a good and cheap engine to throw in it so I can sell the old girl, I guess I could sell it as it is, but I'm not comfortable when I know she has a few issues.

I'm in Rotorua, so anything central Nth Isla or Auckland would be helpful.

Also see maintenance section as I've asked a question there.

cheers

MJ

Hi guys, I'm after a M20B25 engine, what I have is a 525 E34 manual, picked it up cheap as it had been cooked, I pulled down the engine and decided bottom end was probably ok (I was assured bottom end was ok, hmm). I was wrong, so this old girl has fully recon head on it, but give it some sh*t and the blue smoke comes apparent.

So I'm looking for a good and cheap engine to throw in it so I can sell the old girl, I guess I could sell it as it is, but I'm not comfortable when I know she has a few issues.

I'm in Rotorua, so anything central Nth Isla or Auckland would be helpful.

Also see maintenance section as I've asked a question there.

cheers

MJ

how much do you want for the car as is .

is that the car that was on trade me while ago .sitting on some farm or tow yard

Hi Brent,

No - not on trade me, unless your talking 6-8months ago it was. It was the manual sitting in Katikati at towers yard. At the time I had a engine sorted for it, the mechanic had it running, pulled down the engine, head was meant to cost $300 - that turned into $700, block looked ok, but obvoiusly not. I should have just have gone with the engine in the first place.

I'm not too keen on losing to much money, it gets boring after a while, what were you thinking?? $$

It will be rego and warranted in a few weeks, I'm keen to either get hold of M20B25 or pick up M50?? (the later 2.5l)- do you kow if that would be straight forward.

cheers

Mark

Hi Brent,

No - not on trade me, unless your talking 6-8months ago it was. It was the manual sitting in Katikati at towers yard. At the time I had a engine sorted for it, the mechanic had it running, pulled down the engine, head was meant to cost $300 - that turned into $700, block looked ok, but obvoiusly not. I should have just have gone with the engine in the first place.

I'm not too keen on losing to much money, it gets boring after a while, what were you thinking?? $$

It will be rego and warranted in a few weeks, I'm keen to either get hold of M20B25 or pick up M50?? (the later 2.5l)- do you kow if that would be straight forward.

cheers

Mark

not sure on the price ,will have to check with some freinds that MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN IT .

maybe tops $2k .cause you can get runners for about $2500-3000 .

the m50 swap would be a fiddle .(new gearbox ,wiring ,battery and lots of different mounting pionts would need to be modified to fit things.

you would be better to fit the 3.5 m30 if you are going to all that trouble or just start again ..

let me know . email me retrah1@wave.co.nz