Sign in to follow this  
535i_E34_90

Engine Conversion - advice??

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find myself a M20B25 engine just to slot in as per existing - but I do have a 530i E34 manual sitting around with a good engine in it. I've spent a few hours on the net and found some interesting leads, but nothing firm.

Does anyone know or have any advice on whether putting a M30B30? and tranny into 525 E34 is going to be a nightmare. I know battery would need to be relocated, I was more wondering about the electrics and wiring loom etc.

The E30's are nicely set up as car system and engine loom quite separate. Is the E34 the same? or is it more complicated?

Any advice or knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MJ

It should all just bolt in as long as you use every M30 specific part from your parts car.The only thing you may find confusing are the colours on the wiring may be different between your car & the M30 engine if they are not of the same year.

it would be lot of work lots of wiring to change ,battery etc .radiators ,airfilter positions etc . i might have a freind who would buy the car off you if you want , they have a 2.7M20 engine alaying about in a e28 525ee . what year ,millage , colour etc is it