Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Two Sets of Wheels, Alignment Question

So I am on the verge of buying some 15 x 8 road wheels for my e30, I will also be regularly using some 15 x 7 wheels on race tyres for track days.

It will just get a basic wheel alignment on the road wheels obviously, is swapping between two varying widths of wheels going to muck up the wheel alignment?

Cheers, Nathan

Wheels will be the same offset, and will hopefully semi slicks are 205's and hopefully the road tyres will be 205's or 215's

^ With the car being so low, need to avoid rubbing, rear guards have been rolled so it shouldn't be a problem. They were the optimum size recommended by Jono

I did my alignment on the wheel/tyre combo that I'm going to use most.

R888's seem to work best on 7" or 7.5". I've noticed a decent difference in response/predictability when swapping between the various rims I have. The 6.5" BBS RS's were probably the worst, so far SSR Type C's in 15x7 have been the best. They are a rather wide 7" wheel.

I'm also running 205/50R16 street on a 16x8 rim. The rubber sits a bit stretched, but the bead doesn't appear to be under strain at all and have had no problems what so ever..there is reduced grip compared to my 16x7's with the same tyre. I would go for a 225/45R16 if possible though.

My 2c.