Sign in to follow this  
User Name

e28 Lights replacement

Hi Guys

I was trying to go out driving last night to test my lights out either i need to put some washers under the bottom of the lights to lift them up, or the lights are getting dull

what is the best replacements that you know of to put in, i would be keen for angel eyes but i dont know if the e30 or e32 replacments could be mounted without someone noticing to much.

or does someone have a good fix to increase brightness - i mean they would pass a wof im sure but i could bearly see driving down the road even with the fog lights on. shame on me

Hi Guys

I was trying to go out driving last night to test my lights out either i need to put some washers under the bottom of the lights to lift them up, or the lights are getting dull

what is the best replacements that you know of to put in, i would be keen for angel eyes but i dont know if the e30 or e32 replacments could be mounted without someone noticing to much.

or does someone have a good fix to increase brightness - i mean they would pass a wof im sure but i could bearly see driving down the road even with the fog lights on. shame on me

not many options when they start to dull down in the brightness department.

nothing fits,and cleaning doesnt help either.the reflectors crap out with time and heat cycles.

best would be to buy new ones.BMW will be expensive,but they are a common size for 'off the shelf'(hella)

at repco etc.not a 100% if the chrome ring will fit back on,but its a start

m

Sounds good - well i figure ill need to upgrade them then with some new lights argh - more money into the e28 but least ill have some spare parts laying around - seen my spares got taken away when i got rid of the 525e

The E28 has larger dipped beam lenses than almost any other model (E23 facelift too I think) so it might look a bit funny with E30 etc lights.

I fitted some 4000k (around that make anyway) H4 bulbs and it improved the lighting substantially. Its not that there was much more light, its that the colour made it so much easier to see the road ahead. Ok, so you might look like a boy racer but I think the E28's look great with them and they are the single best (so far) upgrade I have made. Will do the H1 highs when they blow too.

If that doesn't do it for ya, rewire the lighting systems with relays to use more powerful bulbs but remember to keep it legal.

Don't just fit more powerful (higher wattage) or you will fry your wiring.

Spend even more and fit HID's.

Of course, before doing any of the above, make sure you have the headlight aligned. Most mechanics or auto electricians should be able to do this. Or, get the specs and do it yourself with a friendly wall!