Sign in to follow this  
Esprit

E36 320i ECU

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could get an ECU for an E36 320i? It does NOT need to be functional as I'm after one to butcher. I'm putting an Emerald ECU on my Lotus Exige S1 and the factory ECU (which is shared with the Esprit V8... don't get me started on Lotus Part bin stuff!) SUPPOSEDLY has the same connector as the E36 320.

Basically I'm after a donor ECU to butcher and steal the connector off so that I can make up an adaptor loom without having to cut into my OEM loom. Cheaper is best, especially since I'm only going on hear-say as to whether it'll fit. Any idea whether the rest of the E36 range shares the same ECU/loom/connector?

Hoping somebody out there has one that's being used for a paperweight that I can swap for beers or cash :)

Cheers,

George.

dear god george is there not a forum your on?

p.s. i was doing testing by your work today in the 205... hehe shhhh

Edited by DRTDVL

You're gonna have to tell us what year you want.

There are different ones Bosch, Seimens...

Try Ray @ HELLBM. Forum sponsor.

dear god george is there not a forum your on?

p.s. i was doing testing by your work today in the 205... hehe shhhh

Heh... well when your car is cobbed together from parts nicked from other manufacturers you tend to have to shop around a bit for spares ;)

You're gonna have to tell us what year you want.

There are different ones Bosch, Seimens...

Try Ray @ HELLBM. Forum sponsor.

I'm pretty sure it's a Bosch connector so I'll say "bosch? :) I'll take a pic of the ECU and connector tonight so y'all can see what I'm talkin' bout :)

Well this is the connector I'm talking about. These are pics of my Exige ECU, which is shared with the Esprit V8 Twinturb.

I'm after an ECU with the same connector on the ECU body, that I can butcher and make up an adaptor loom to allow me to plug my existing loom into my new ECU:

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image