Sign in to follow this  
Shady

88 e30 bodykit

Offtopic sorry! But does anyone know where I can get a bodykit for an '88 E30 4dr? My mate bought an '87 with Chrome bumpers that had front back & side skirts were going to put onto mine but my car was bigger!? And i loved the kit, looked so damn sexy I was gutted as. And the chrome bumpers wouldnt fit. Will that Warren guy sell a kit for my car? And does anyone know if you can get chrome bumpers for my model (hence the '87 & older are too small). <_<

EDIT: Just noticed that Warren BMWarehouse is where i bought my new seals for sump from. Will go see him on way to work on Monday. But I doubt he'd have a kit aye?

Edited by Shady

Guest FrantiC

Offtopic sorry! But does anyone know where I can get a bodykit for an '88 E30 4dr? My mate bought an '87 with Chrome bumpers that had front back & side skirts were going to put onto mine but my car was bigger!? And i loved the kit, looked so damn sexy I was gutted as. And the chrome bumpers wouldnt fit. Will that Warren guy sell a kit for my car? And does anyone know if you can get chrome bumpers for my model (hence the '87 & older are too small). <_<

EDIT: Just noticed that Warren BMWarehouse is where i bought my new seals for sump from. Will go see him on way to work on Monday. But I doubt he'd have a kit aye?

late 88's on are a slight different body shape in terms of bumpers, the front end other than valances are the same but the rear bumpers, wheel arches and tail lights are different..

What kit was it ? m-tech1 would not fit.. Facelifts only fit m-tech2, or whatever else.. And nah I doubt BMWarehouse would have a full kit in stock.'

Edited by Penry

frantic- Im not sure what kit it was. We just picked the car up and starting take it off then nothing would fit! Was gutted as. It was all plastic though, no 'glass. I'll try get my mate to take some photos and try post them up...hardly see him so may take a few days!

The bodykit wasnt so much of an "IN YOUR FACE" type. It was just obvious it was a kit but not extreme which is why I loved it...asked for attention but not like it screamed at you for it...it just stood out a bit. Im sure it was factory? Cos it looked gay as without it lol :mellow:

Hmmmm. Sort of looks like it. I havent seen the car for a month now, so not so sure on what it looks like off memory. I just know I loved it lol and wanted it! It just slipped on & off the car after removing a few bolts. Sideskirts look familiar. Is there a rear photo of that car?

If it makes any difference, the engine in it was a 2L. Year model was '87.

Edited by Shady

The rear bumper was similar to the one in this photo http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-230478199.htm but this skirt look a bit diferent?

I will have to text him, I hardly see him as he is always all over the country. But hes always wanting money so no doubt he'd sell it. I;ll try get some photos of him first.

Guest FrantiC

The rear bumper was similar to the one in this photo http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-230478199.htm but this skirt look a bit diferent?

I will have to text him, I hardly see him as he is always all over the country. But hes always wanting money so no doubt he'd sell it. I;ll try get some photos of him first.

M-tech1. I think worth around $800ish ? (for a full kit, good condition).

Edited by FrantiC

I see. So my mates got $800 worth of bodykit lol I wont tell him that, so above poster gets a deal lol My mates a d*ck anyways and he'd want quick cash so I'll tell him say $200 - if he still got it and wants to sell it.

So for my car, I'd have to find a Mtech2 kit? 1 is for P/FL and 2 is for FL?

And I also take it my car dont come out with Chrome bumpers? They would fit either. His car looked bigger, but mine is...was weird we both were like, aye wtf!? :wacko: Maybe cos its factory white & mine is mattblack so made them look decieving...I dont know.

I have an 87 and I am looking for a kit. Does your mate still want to sell it.

Where are you? So if my mate is keen to sell the kit, I can arrange for him to meet you or you meet him. From what I last heard, his BMW is in Cambridge at his dads but he lives in Hamilton, Auckland or Cambridge, pretty much where ever he ends up. Will PM you when I know more.

Shady,

Please dont hijack threads, especially as yours was the first post in Quinns thread.

Start you own topic and keep it simple.

... So for my car, I'd have to find a Mtech2 kit? 1 is for P/FL and 2 is for FL?

And I also take it my car dont come out with Chrome bumpers? ...

Yes, Mtech I = pre-f/l, Mtech II = f/l

Right. Only pre-f/l have chrome bumpers. And they don't fit on f/l cars without modification. But if you find a full Mtech II you will get the bumpers with it aswell, which are plastic.

Guest FrantiC

But then again, good luck finding a genuine m-tech2 kit for sale.. Especially in 4door.

I waited AGES and managed to win one of trademe for $1160, full m-tech2 kit for a 2 door. 3 months later managed to find someone willing to trade my 2 door pods for 4 door pods. 4 door is much more rarer and m-tech2 kit in good condition can be anywhere from $1500-$2000 used, new they are wayyy more.

Shady,

Please dont hijack threads, especially as yours was the first post in Quinns thread.

Start you own topic and keep it simple.

I know im sorry. Didnt mean for it to get carried away like that lol I was actually going to ask a Mod to remove all the posts & start me a thread then surpise its already been done. I just didnt want to get in trouble for starting heaps of threads, as I have alot to ask about these cars :unsure:

But then again, good luck finding a genuine m-tech2 kit for sale.. Especially in 4door.

I waited AGES and managed to win one of trademe for $1160, full m-tech2 kit for a 2 door. 3 months later managed to find someone willing to trade my 2 door pods for 4 door pods. 4 door is much more rarer and m-tech2 kit in good condition can be anywhere from $1500-$2000 used, new they are wayyy more.

WOW. Didnt know be that expensive. Arent they just Plastic? The one on my mates was plastic - which is kinda good as it wont crack & can be plastic welded if it breaks. I was thinking that maybe with those #1 kits get them cut in half and extended would be cheaper than buying one for $1G+. But eh, not too worried, may find one, one day. <_<

Genuine ones are plastic. Although you can get rep ones which are fiberglass - they break easier and aren't such a good fit sometimes.

You could keep your eyes out for cheap a mtech 2 e30, take the kit off, and on sell the car. I bought a mtech 2 320 for ~$3k, put the kit on my touring and sold the 320 for ~$2800 a couple weeks later. Takes some effort taking off then fitting the kit, but if it means a cheap mtech 2..

haha I like that idea, but nah dont have much $$ (I already got one Project and am waiting for my Honda to be delivered so I can finsih that & resell) so once thats sold I can work on this...maybe. Or just upgrade. But Im sure a kit would make it look sexy-er & more appealing when I sell it. Need to repaint her first, so would like the kit on it when I do that so it all matches.

As for the 'glass replica, yeah no so good, as they do break too easily. I got a 'Glass kit for my Probe (my current hardout project) and thats going to be a mish to put on and means I gotta drive it careful lol. I;ll just keep my eyes open on Trademe and such.

Oh and why did only some come standard with the kit? Are they the more "performance" enchance series or something?

Guest FrantiC

All motorsport models came with the mtech1 or mtech2 kits standard.. or yes, option on others.

I just got sold a MTech1 front and was told it would fit my 88 E30. Reading this thread I got doubts. Could someone clarify for me: will the MTech1 front fit onto my car or not? I need to know ASAP because it is booked in to be painted coming weekend so if it won't fit I will refuse to get it painted.

If you've got chrome bumpers (1983-1988) yes it will fit. If you've got the black / grey plastic bumpers (1988-1991)then no it wont.