Sign in to follow this  
arros

Looking for e28 535 to buy

I'm looking for an e28 535 or M535 or a E24 635. Thanks

There was a mint e28 535i at the Chch auction the other night. 1988, switchable auto, silver, 145 kms, NZ new, not a mark on it. The auctioneers estimate was $1000-$2000!!!! it had those metric wheels on it, but it had brand new Michelins and a spare tyre in the boot along with the spare wheel.

I'll find out if it sold or not. I was tempted to go back and see how much it went for. But I knew I would probably end up buying it! (then I wouldn't be popular at home)

Thanks for that speedyg. Please if you could find out something about the car at the auction in ChCh you mentioned that would be great. What auction house was that at?

Could be what I'm looking for- except that I'm in Auckland- but we've all go problems- even JAFAS, Still at that price and I could find the car, I'd ask someone out there to recommend someone good in ChCh who could inspect the car for me. Cheers speedyg

Kiwi535- Thanks I've seen that car on TradeMe for a while- a bit out side my budget- great looking car though. Cheers for that

that M535 has been for sale for ages, how much you looking to pay?

Yeah it has been there for a while- would have to be one the most expensive e28 M535's around - but to be fare also one on the best examples. Looking to pay 4-5K Slightly more for a better example but beggers can't really be choosers - not that many around for sale at the moment. Looking at 86 535i 155Kmls has rust in 3 doors @ around $5300. Edited by arros

Not completely sure its an E28 but its a 535 Manual none the less and comes with free M badge on the back lol

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-19570169.htm

Cheers- Not quite what I'm after.I'm a bit mystified about this car - especially the bit aroun 4 cylinders- mistake? It's a shape and style that i'm not quite familiar with- it's not what I understand an e28 535 to be- I've been looking at an 86 car- perhaps there was a shape /style change from 85 to 86. - sloping boot and different rear lenses amongst other things- Appreciate it E30stz

its an E12, the owner must have put in the wrong year, that m badge could be genuine E30stz, it could be a E12 M535i, which was the M5 of the E12, the one under this was a 528i. If this is a genuine E12 M535i its rare as rocking horse sh*t, and if i had the money and knew it was genuine and not just a e28 engine swap, i'd be bidding.

It looks like it has E28 metric bottlecaps, which are a bitch to find new tyres for, so it could have had a engine swap, i might ring up about it.

(03 3651072)

Sparkle

The 535i has sold by the looks of it. It was at turners, keep an eye on their website, you never know when and where one will turn up.

Good luck!!

Not completely sure its an E28 but its a 535 Manual none the less and comes with free M badge on the back lol

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-19570169.htm

Cheers- Not quite what I'm after.I'm a bit mystified about this car - especially the bit aroun 4 cylinders- mistake? It's a shape and style that i'm not quite familiar with- it's not what I understand an e28 535 to be- I've been looking at an 86 car- perhaps there was a shape /style change from 85 to 86. - sloping boot and different rear lenses amongst other things- Appreciate it E30stz
its a E12 ,the south african versions where built for a few more years after the e28's started in germany .

they had a few E12 bodys left lying around some of them have E28 interiors etc .

Thanks guys: will keep looking and definitely prefer style of the e28 over the e12. Ta