Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

E36 328 ASC Traction Control Query

Hey does anyone know how to or if its possible to override the ASC button in the E36's so that the system is always turned off?

I've never liked the idea of electronic computer controlled driving... and am getting sick of turning it off all the time. not to do skids because its not even worth doing one of those until i can waste 2 tyres instead of 1, I just want to know if its possible to turn it off and keep it turned off.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Jase

cheers for that nick, that looks like it could be an option. Will have to wait for a rainy day with nothing else to do and have a crack at it. Btw car looks good now uve added the lip ;) very nice mate.

Cheers Jase, appreciate it. I really didn't realize how big the motorsport spoiler was until I looked at before pictures. Looks a million times cleaner now.

just noticed the big orange ASC fuse in the fuse box this arvo, what will and wont happen if i take this out and go for a drive???

just noticed the big orange ASC fuse in the fuse box this arvo, what will and wont happen if i take this out and go for a drive???

If you take that out the ASC flap on the throttle body wont work and the car wont drive properly. The car will also probably go into limp mode as well (if its Auto) and youll get warnings coming up on the dash. ABS, ASC, DME & EGS will also have fault codes in the systems and will need to be cleared.

good as gold. thought id ask before i tried it .

thanks glenn.

Carefull, I've heard you have issues with insurance if they find you've disabled stability controll and you've stacked your car being silly.

just hearsay though.

nick- yeah did it last week, car updates are in the showroom part of the forum.

and in regards to the insurance, yeah it crossed my mind the other day too so ill prob just put up with turning it off each time