Sign in to follow this  
sp8s

Tweeters in door

Put a new stereo in the compact a while ago and every thing goes except the tweeters in the doors.

Didnt do a backyard job I used an adaptor from Repco (yes the right one)

Tweeters worked with original radio but not now.

Wiring diagram shows that the tweeters use the same wire out of the stereo as the front speakers but they just dont work.

I am lost at what to do next and no I am not going to put the old stereo back in I like my cd's usb and MP3 player too much to go back to playing cassettes;)

By the way it is a no name stereo I put in and yes I know it is probably crap but I dont have $1000 to spend on a good stereo when I had this one laying around. Gotta save up for that 328

your car might have the factory multi chanel amp mounted in the rear which has built in crossovers etc .

so the adpator loom might not work quite right , or you have blown the tweeters by sending bass through them and not through the crossover etc .

Had a look for an amp - behind carpet left side of hatch right?

No amp in there - I even put my glass's on just in case - wiring for cd changer in same place yes?

I wired the adapter as per the Bentley service book and since then have not heard a peep out of the speakers in the doors - both rear and front kick panel speakers work tho. From what i can see from search's the amp is powered by the wire that also does the aerial booster thingy. (plain white wire)

It bothers me when things dont work and I get a bit obsessed at times so to save the prozac pills and help me ^_^