Sign in to follow this  
PLEEZN E36

E36 SUSPENSION QUESTIONS

Hey all,

Im thinking of buying the rear shocks on the following Trademe auction for my 1996 E36 318i Sedan:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=234657833

I've got standard shocks at the moment with a full set of Jamex Super Lows (45mm drop) fitted, but i want to know if first they will fit my BMW, and how much shorter are they than standard ones?

The reason im asking is because i'm wanting to know the maximum (mm) i can compress my jamex springs with these shocks and still being captive to ensure i still get wofs.

I know most people don't approve of the whole compressing thing but any postive comments will really be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by PLEEZN E36

Just curious, if you've got super lows in there why do you want to go lower?? from memory you cant go much lower and still have captive springs.

you'd be better off getting brand new shortened shocks if you wanted new shocks (you never know how long 2nd handies will last)

Just curious, if you've got super lows in there why do you want to go lower?? from memory you cant go much lower and still have captive springs.

you'd be better off getting brand new shortened shocks if you wanted new shocks (you never know how long 2nd handies will last)

Thanks for reply, i really want to get it lower than what it is sitting like in the rear at the moment. I want to go around another 50mm lower. The guy said he has had them for a month lol which could be BULL$H%T but im willing to take that risk if they are shorter than standards and after my jamex springs are compressed another 50mm will the ones im looking at on trademe keep the springs captive?

possibly, but as soon as a wheel leaves the ground the spring is likely to fall out.