Sign in to follow this  
zoom-motorsports

e30 correct offset ?

hey guys im going mag and turbo at the weekend to price up a set of wheels what offset would best suit my e30 pre facelift? 17s or 18s ? my car is on super lows any advice would be greatly receved:-)

Depends whether you want performance or look bias. I run a 16x7 13p front, 16x8 18p rear on a PFL. These should clear with less camber as well.

If I were going for a look bias, I'd run 16x8 11p fronts and 16x9 16p rears.

Don't know the offsets too well... but

Go and see your nearest Mag and Tire Direct, as they are a forum sponsor and have a range of wheels that fit e30s well, thanks to Johno (zenetti) for importing them.

Depends whether you want performance or look bias. I run a 16x7 13p front, 16x8 18p rear on a PFL. These should clear with less camber as well.

If I were going for a look bias, I'd run 16x8 11p fronts and 16x9 16p rears.

hmmmmm id like to go a bit bigger than 16s do u have a picture of yours?

Don't know the offsets too well... but

Go and see your nearest Mag and Tire Direct, as they are a forum sponsor and have a range of wheels that fit e30s well, thanks to Johno (zenetti) for importing them.

thats a good idea i think il try there first then

offset depends on widths, not diameter. generally look for around et25 to et15. much more than 25 will look silly as wheels will sit in too far. (as most 17x7 mags are). I really doubt you'll find something you like (that will fit properly in the standard range of mags, Mag and Tire Direct have a few styles designed to fit the E30, but most are around the 15 or 16 size (which most people prefer to run on e30's)

Edited by Mike

hmmmmm id like to go a bit bigger than 16s do u have a picture of yours?

Click on my sig. I hope you have a kit, because wheels bigger than 16" look a bit silly otherwise. imho of course.

offset depends on widths, not diameter. generally look for around et25 to et15. much more than 25 will look silly as wheels will sit in too far. (as most 17x7 mags are). I really doubt you'll find something you like (that will fit properly in the standard range of mags, Mag and Tire Direct have a few styles designed to fit the E30, but most are around the 15 or 16 size (which most people prefer to run on e30's)

Mike's basically got everything spot on.

edit: These are pretty cool. Need to be wider imho, but meh.

Edited by JiB

Don't want to ruin the thread, but does anybody know offset and stud pattern [5x120?] for an early e12?

Don't want to ruin the thread, but does anybody know offset and stud pattern [5x120?] for an early e12?

OEM 6x14" were et:22

I think thats for the right model.

OEM 6x14" were et:22

I think thats for the right model.

Cheers! It's hard to find any info on them